This Policy applies to our customers, participants of our events and all users of our website.
We may update this Policy from time to time by posting the updated Policy on this page. Please check this page periodically for updates.
1. COLLECTION OF DATA
- We collect and process your data when you engage with us via various channels, including this Website, our digital marketing initiatives and customer service or support.
- If the data requested by us is not provided, we may be unable to provide products or services to you.
- The data we collect and use may include:
- Contact details, such as name, company name, e-mail address, address and telephone number
- Traffic data about your use of this Website and the internet
- Interests, preferences and purchasing history
- Transaction data, pattern and behaviour
- Information used in relation to customer service and support
- Location information of mobile devices, browser details and IP address
- Your data will be collected in one or more of the following instances
- When you receive a quotation, order and/or complete a purchase
- When you communicate with us (in relation to customer service, support, complaints etc.)
- When you visit this Website; and
- When you participate in our events online and/or offline
- When you provide your data to us, you are giving us permission to use and store that data in accordance with this Policy, including storage in servers outside of Singapore, subject to the requirements of the PDPA and applicable laws on cross-border data transfers.
2. USE OF DATA
Depending on your relationship with us, the data which we collect from you (either directly or through our affiliates, related companies or any other third party) may be collected, used, processed and disclosed for any of the following (non-exhaustive) purposes and any other related or associated purposes:
- To process your order, deliver our products and provide our services
- To manage customer accounts and affairs
- To reply to your enquiries
- To advertise and market products and services (including in connection with direct marketing as detailed in paragraph 4 below)
- To analyze how you access and use our services including services available on our Website
- To enforce your obligations, including the collection of any amount outstanding from you
- To detect, investigate and prevent fraud and other illegal activities, to protect our rights and property and to comply with our legal or regulatory obligations
- To compile and analyze statistics for purposes relating to product development, business optimization and reporting and website usage, (collectively, the “Purposes”).
3. DISCLOSURE OF DATA
We may share your data with various parties for any of the Purposes. These parties include, but are not limited to:
- Any agent, contractor, third party service provider or external parties who provides administrative, telecommunications, computer, payment, debt collection, data processing, information technology, marketing or other services to us in connection with the operation of our business
- Any person under a duty of confidentiality to us
- Any person to whom we are under an obligation to make disclosure under law and for the purpose of compliance with any laws, regulations, guidelines or code of practice issued by any legal, regulatory, governmental, tax, law enforcement or other authorities
- Professional advisors (including our lawyers and auditors)
- Debt collection agencies or organizations
- Any of our holding company, subsidiary companies, affiliates and associated entities.
4. USE OF DATA IN DIRECT MARKETING
- We intend to use your data in direct marketing and we require your consent (which includes an indication of no objection) for that purpose. Please note that the following information may be used by us in direct marketing:
- your contact details (such as name, e-mail address, address and telephone number), products and other service portfolio information, transaction pattern and behaviour held by us from time to time; and
- information relating to your use of our Website from time to time, whether through cookies or otherwise.
- The following products and services may be marketed:
- Electronic components and related services.
- If you do not wish us to use or provide your data in direct marketing, you may exercise your right to opt-out by notifying us with email
to email@example.com and clearly indicate on the subject title Private Policy Feedback or Opt-out.
5. WITHDRAWAL OF CONSENT
- You may, at any time, communicate the withdrawal of your consent to the continued use, disclosure, storing and/or processing of your personal data for any of the Purposes as stated above by contacting our Data Protection Officer as indicated below.
- If you withdraw your consent to our use, disclosure, storing and/or processing of your personal data for the Purposes, depending on the nature and scope of your request, we may not be able to continue to provide our products or services to you or perform on any contract we have with you, and we will not be liable in the event that we do not continue to provide our products or services to, or perform our contract with you.
- Please note that withdrawing consent does not affect our right to continue to collect, use and disclose personal data where such collection, use and disclosure without consent is permitted or required under applicable laws.
6. DATA ACCESS AND CORRECTION REQUESTS
- You have the right to
- check whether we hold data about you and to access such data
- require us to correct any data relating to you which is inaccurate
- ascertain our policies and practices in relation to data and to be informed of the kind of data held by us
- In accordance with the PDPA we may charge a reasonable fee for the processing of any data access request. In the event that a fee is to be charged, we will inform you of such fee before processing your request.
- You should send requests for access to data or correction of data or for information regarding policies and practices and kinds of data held to:
Data Protection Officer
Address : 19, Tai Seng Ave, #03-01,
Telephone Number : (65) 6396 0200
E-mail Address : firstname.lastname@example.org
7. PROTECTION OF DATA
We will take reasonable steps to ensure that the data which you have provided us is protected from unauthorized access, collection, use, disclosure, copying, modification, loss or disposal, or similar risks, including taking the following steps:
- we review our information collection, storage and processing practices, including physical security measures, to guard against unauthorized access to the systems;
- we use password protection where appropriate;
- we restrict access to data by our employees and contractors who need access to the relevant data in order for them to process it for the Purposes.
However, we give no warranty against third party hacking into the data or any unauthorized access to the data by anyone or that your data will never be used in a manner that is inconsistent with this Policy.
8. RETENTION OF DATA
- We may retain your data for as long as the purpose for which the data was collected continues, or if the retention is necessary for our legal or business purposes. We will cease to retain data once we have no reason for doing so.
- The retention of your data is to ensure proper handling of recurring customer relationships, potential complaints and warranty commitments, and to meet our obligations.
- Cookies collect data (including personal data) about your use of the Website to, among other things, enhance user interface and experience, enable you to use essential features of the Website, and to better tailor the Website to your needs.
- If we put cookies in place, you will be told about their use and the point of collecting data through cookies.
10. CONTACT US
If you have any questions on this Policy or if you have any other queries in relation to how we manage, protect and/or process your data (including personal data), please contact our Data Protection Officer using the details below:
Data Protection Officer for Macnica Cytech Pte Ltd
Telephone number: +65-6396 0200
Email Address: email@example.com